Pre-Moot | Sri Lanka 2021
01 - 02 | March | 2021
Pre-Moot | Sri Lanka
The Moot Court Bench (‘MCB’) and the Sri Lanka Vis Alumni (‘SLVA’) in partnership with the Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP) of the U.S. Department of Commerce presents ‘Pre-Moot | Sri Lanka 2021’. This Pre-Moot, like all others, is designed as an educational exercise for students to polish up their oral advocacy skills before competing at the Vis Moot in Vienna and its sister moot in Hong Kong. The Pre-moot was held on the 1st and 2nd of March 2021, with one day of general rounds and one day of elimination rounds with a total of 12 participating teams. The Pre-moot was held virtually this year, taking after the Vis and Vis (East) Moots, owing to travel restrictions caused by the pandemic. As this is our inaugural year and by virtue of the low costs associated with a virtual moot. The team representing ‘NALSAR’ University of Law (Hyderabad) prevailed over the National Law Institute University (Bhopal) in the final round of Sri Lanka’s inaugural Pre-Moot.
- Team registration is a two-step process consisting of filling the registration application.
- The Pre-moot has limited the number of teams and a waiting list is maintained. Waitlisted teams will move up if a registered team decides to withdraw. Teams shall get notice of their registration status within 3 days after filing of the registration application.
- Team registration is based on first come first serve basis.
- Applications are encouraged from all countries as key time-zones have been taken into consideration when creating the Pre-moot program.
- Any queries regarding the Pre-Moot can can be directed to email@example.com